Band Boosters Update 3-16-17
Hello Band Families,
Winter Guard State Championships – Saturday, March 18 at RBHS
Both LHS winter guards will compete in the SCBDA State Indoor Championships this Saturday at RBHS. Tickets are required and can be purchased at the door.
- The LHS JV Guard performs at 9:56 am; the Varsity Guard performs at 10:11 pm.
- Come out and support our guard members as they compete in the state championships.
SCBDA Concert Performance Assessment
Next week, LHS will host the SCBDA Concert Performance Assessment for high school bands from across the state. This event will begin Tuesday, March 21 and end Thursday, March 23. Bands will perform concerts in LOPAC from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm each day; after each concert, the band will move to the orchestra room for the sight-reading assessment. We need both student and parent help in running this event; if you can help out, please sign up.
- We need help checking in each band and running scores back to the judges.
- We have 3 shifts each day – 8a-12p, 12-4p, and 4-8p. We need 3 people for each shift each day!
- Click on the link to SIGN UP >> http://signup.com/go/txmT
The LHS ensembles both perform on Tuesday. The Symphonic Band will perform at 2:45 pm and the Wind Ensemble will perform at 8:40 pm. Call time for Wind Ensemble is 7:30 pm in the band room. Dress for both groups is black concert attire.
The concerts are free and open to the public.
March 18 (Saturday) – Varsity and JV Guards in SCBDA State Competition at River Bluff HS
March 17, 18 – NEED YOUR HELP on Friday and Saturday at the Baseball Concession Stand!!
March 20 (Monday) – LHS Band Booster meeting at 7:00 pm
- Join us in the old gym for a performance by our outstanding indoor guards.
- If you are interested in helping with the Band Banquet, we will meet for a few minutes after the meeting.
March 21 – 23 (Tuesday – Thursday) – SCBDA Concert Performance Assessment at LHS; LHS bands perform on Tuesday, March 21
March 25 (Saturday) – SC Day of Percussion at LHS; required for all percussionists
- LHS hosts this statewide event every year. Percussion groups from SC Middle and High Schools attend this event and we need help with Concessions.
- We expect 400-500 people to attend and we open concessions to serve lunch only from 11-2.
- We need 6-8 people to help during these hours.
- Click on the link to SIGN UP >>
March 25 (Saturday) – Varsity and JV Guards in CWEA Championships at Winthrop University in Rock Hill
April 6 (Thursday) SONIC DINNER NIGHT FOR WILDCAT BAND
- Need everyone in band to have dinner between 6-9 at Sonic in Lexington.
- We get a percentage of sales and all tips or donations.
- We need 8-12 people working that night as servers and greeters.
- BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY tell your friends and family to eat at Sonic April 6, 6-9 pm.
April 25 (Tuesday) – Pre-Camp for all 2017 marching band members; 4:00 – 6:00 pm
May 20 (Sat) – Band Banquet 6:00 pm
May 22 (Monday) – Pre-Camp for all 2017 marching band members; 4:00 – 6:00 pm
May 25 (Tuesday) – Pre-Camp for all 2017 marching band members; 4:00 – 5:30 pm
July 24-28 (M-F) Guard and Percussion Camp, 8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00
July 27-28 (Th-F) New Student Marching Camp (9th graders and other new students) 8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00 on July 27; 8:30 – 12:00 only on July 28
July 31-Aug. 4 (M-F)Full Band Camp (includes guard and percussion) 8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00 each day
Aug. 7 – 10 (M-Th) Full Band Camp (includes guard and percussion) 8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00 each day
Aug. 11 (F) Full Band Camp (includes guard and percussion) 8:30 – 12:00; return at 6:00 for exhibition and pictures
Aug.11 (F) Band Boosters Meeting and Marching Exhibition 6:00 meeting/7:00 exhibition
Aug. 14, 15 & 17 Full Band rehearsals (M, T & Th), 5:00 – 8:30 pm
Aug. 18 (F) Football – LHS vs. WEST FLORENCE (full band) 7:30 pm
Aug. 22 (T) First Day of School