IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION: VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED FOR CRAWFISH FESTIVAL
Crawfish Festival – Saturday, May 6
We still need 10 more volunteers for the morning shift 9:45-3:00 and 13 more volunteers for the afternoon shift 3:00-8:00pm. Lunch/Dinner will be provided. Students will get $25 toward their Fair Share.
- The Band Banquet is fast approaching on May 20th so please print and fill out the attached Ticket Order Form and attach a check with it made out to LHSBB. Order forms and checks need to be dropped in the Band Box on the wall in the band room by May 8th.
- Please remember to put your student’s name and band # on the check along with “Banquet”. The Band Student will get a FREE ticket so you’re only paying for the family members attending and if you want the end of the year video that is being created right now.
- Thank you to those who downloaded their pictures for the video. Can’t wait to see it!
- If you would prefer a vegetarian pasta meal, be sure to mark that on the order form.
- If you have any memorabilia over the last 4 years that you would like to be displayed at the banquet, please put your name on it and give it to Dr. O’Shields or Ms. Pike. It will be returned after the banquet.
Band and Guard Letters
Each year at the LHS Band Banquet, students who have met the criteria to earn a letter in band are awarded their letter (for the first year they are eligible) or star (for subsequent years after earning the letter). In order to receive a letter, band and guard members must complete a letter application form. All application forms are due no later than Monday, May 8.
Solo & Ensemble – Friday, April 28
The SCBDA Solo & Ensemble performance assessment will take place at Dutch Fork HS on Friday, April 28. Student performance times are posted in the band room. Students should arrive early; if there have been cancellations, the students will be able to perform earlier in the evening. Students should dress in nice school clothes (no jeans or shorts) and must not use any photocopies of music.
Jazz Band Concert – Saturday, May 6
The LHS and PHMS Jazz Bands will perform a free spring concert on Saturday, May 6 at the Icehouse Amphitheater in downtown Lexington. Several food trucks will be on-site offering a variety of foods and beverages, with a portion of the sales going to the band program. Come out and enjoy a wonderful evening of jazz presented by our talented students.
**Need 3 people to help with Baseball Playoff Game tomorrow – THURS 6:30-9pm – Click on link to SIGN UP!
Still have openings for these too!
Varsity Boys Baseball
Boys JV Baseball
Boys B team Baseball
Girls Soccer –
Thursday, April 27 – Drum Major Auditions for 2017 (after school)
Friday, April 28 – SCBDA Solo & Ensemble Performance Assessment
(late afternoon/evening at Dutch Fork HS)
Thursday, May 4 – Percussion Ensemble Concert – 7:00 pm in LOPAC
Saturday, May 6 – Jazz Band Spring Concert – 7:00 pm at Icehouse Amphitheater
Monday, May 15 – Spring Concert – 7:00 pm in LOPAC
Saturday, May 20 – Band Banquet – 6:00 pm in LHS Cafeteria
Wednesday, May 24 – Jazz Band “Home” Concert – 2:15 pm in LOPAC
May 22 (Monday) – Pre-Camp for all 2017 marching band members; 4:00 – 6:00 pm
May 22 (Monday) – BAND BOOSTER MTG 7:00 pm
May 25 (Thursday) – Pre-Camp for all 2017 marching band members; 4:00 – 5:30 pm
Looking Ahead – Marching Band Dates for Summer
July 24-28 (M-F) Guard and Percussion Camp, 8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00
July 27-28 (Th-F) New Student Marching Camp (9th graders and other new students)
8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00 on July 27;
8:30 – 12:00 only on July 28
July 31-Aug. 4 (M-F)Full Band Camp (includes guard and percussion)
8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00 each day
Aug. 7 – 10 (M-Th) Full Band Camp (includes guard and percussion)
8:30 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:00 each day
Aug. 11 (F) Full Band Camp (includes guard and percussion)
8:30 – 12:00; return at 6:00 for exhibition and pictures
Aug.11 (F) Band Boosters Meeting and Marching Exhibition
6:00 meeting/7:00 exhibition
Aug. 14, 15 & 17 Full Band rehearsals (M, T & Th), 5:00 – 8:30 pm
Aug. 18 (F) Football – LHS vs. WEST FLORENCE (full band) 7:30 pm
Aug. 22 (T) First Day of School