LHS CAT BAND CHRONICLES OCT. 31ST VOLUME 8
LHS Cat Band Chronicles
OCTOBER 31, 2017, VOLUME 8
CONGRATULATIONS, CAT BAND ON YOUR 10TH PLACE FINISH!
Fruit Orders are DUE NOW!!!
You MUST turn in your orders tomorrow by 4:00!! Online orders will continue until Nov. 9.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR CONCERT ATTIRE FITTINGS TOMORROW 3:15-5:30.
Please sign-up on CHARMS now!!
Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
November 4, 8a-10a — Fatz Cafe
Money or tickets should already be turned in. Fatz will not let us last minute purchases.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO SERVE. (This is a great opportunity for your child to help and earn points.)
Concert Attire Distribution Dates and Info
November 1 – Freshman Fitting — 3:15-5:30
* Freshman boys and others needing a tux shirt (Tux shirts are $23. Checks can be made out to LHSBB or pay on Charms.)
* Freshman girls
November 8 – Juniors and Seniors — 3:15-5:30
November 15 — Sophomores — 3:15-5:30
Thank you …to everyone who came to support the Cat Band during the marching season! It means so much to our students!
* Nov. 1 (W) Concert Attire Fitting for Freshman and anyone needing a tux shirt — Volunteers needed!
* Nov. 2 (Th) Marching Band Rehearsal (Required) 3:45-4:45
* Nov. 3 (F) VARSITY FOOTBALL — 1ST ROUND PLAYOFFS — VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!
* Nov. 5 (Su) Veterans Day Parade — Call Time 2:30
* Nov. 8 (W) Concert Attire Distribution Juniors/Seniors – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
* Nov. 9 (Th) ONLINE FRUIT SALE ENDS!!
* Nov. 15 (W) Concert Attire Distribution Sophomores – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Lexington Veteran’s Parade — Sunday, Nov 5 @ 3:00 pm
Call time is 2:30 pm at Harbor Inn Seafood. Dress is full uniform. Streets will be closed by 2:45. The parade will end at the Lexington County Administration Building around 4:00 pm. You may pick up your child in the parking lot. Some members walk back toward Harbor Inn on sidewalk. Please try to have a pick-up location pre-determined.
We are looking for Team Leads for Concessions!
Each year, we have a Team Lead in Concessions for each sport. Team Leads are responsible for set-up, staffing, seed money (cash drawers), and will earn additional points towards their Marching Band Participation Fee.
Basketball — Varsity — Girls and Boys
o November 20, 21, 22, 24 — Tournament
o Dec. 5, 7, 8, 12, Jan. 3, 5, 9, 23, 26, and Feb. 9
o Possible Playoff Games
Basketball — JV/B — Girls and Boys
o Nov. 27, 29 Dec. 8, 14, 18 Jan. 10, 18, 29 Feb. 1
Wrestling — Varsity
o Nov. 28 Dec. 13 Jan 6, 17, 26
Please reply to this email if you are interested or have any questions. Someone will train you on equipment and procedures.
** As this marching season comes to an end, please continue to read the newsletters for important updates and check Charms for volunteer opportunities!! **
Don’t forget to turn back your clocks this weekend!!